As a matter of principle, we only process your personal data insofar as this is necessary for the provision of a functional app, for our contents and services and for further research and development benefiting our company.
Who “we” areContact Details of the responsible person
Managing Director: Thomas von der Ohe
Vay Technology GmbH
c/o The Drivery
Mariendorfer Damm 1
E-mail: [email protected]
Tel: +49 176 34649004
1. For which purpose is my data processed?We process your data to develop a unique Product and Service. This ranges from the development and installation of hardware to software development and general user experience of our future service. Your data can be of help in any of our research and development areas!
2. Which data of mine are processed?The following of your data will be processed:
- Testing: During registration/ apart from the actual service testing extracted from our employee database
- First name
- E-mail address
- Telephone (mobile)
- Potentially Testing Payment details
- User number/ reference number
- Verification of driving licence
- Testing: During the use of the service test via the App
- Device-Key (Number of the device)
- Geolocation data (for vehicle search / vehicle booking / during the journey)
- (E-mail) correspondence / contact history
- Trip log
- Feedback about your experience and impressions of driving
3. What is the legal basis for processing my personal data?The legal basis for processing is in each case Art. 88 (1) GDPR, § 26 (1) 1 BDSG as far as the product testing is covered by your employment contract. If we base our data processing on legitimate interests, the legal basis is Art. 6 (1) f GDPR. If you also separately consent to the processing of your data, the legal basis is Art. 88 (1) GDPR, § 26 (2) BDSG. Insofar as the processing of personal data is necessary for the fulfilment of a legal obligation to which our company is subject, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c GDPR serves as the legal basis.
4. Who receives my data?Authorities (in particular road traffic authorities, the respective police station in the event of accidents) Other institutions and authorities to whom we are obliged to transmit data. Service providers & business partners, insofar as this is necessary for the performance of the contract (e.g. cloud providers).
5. Is data transferred to a third country?Service providers and business partners sometimes process personal data outside the EEA. In these cases, we ensure an appropriate, equivalent level of data protection in compliance with the GDPR (as a rule, we oblige service providers and business partners to comply with data protection by means of the EU standard contractual clauses of the European Commission).
6. How long will my data be stored?Your personal data will be processed and stored for as long as necessary for the aforementioned purposes. If the data is no longer required for the aforementioned purposes, it will be deleted on a regular basis (this applies to data from test drives if they are no longer required for development and documentation purposes). Your data will continue to be stored for a limited period of time if this is required for legal reasons.
7. What data protection rights do I have and who can I contact?You have the following rights (insofar as their requirements are met):
- Right to information and copy of your data according to Art.15 GDPR.
- Right to rectification according to Art.16 GDPR
- Right to erasure according to Art. 17 GDPR
- Right to restriction of processing according to Art. 18 GDPR
- Right to data portability according to Art. 20 GDPR
- Right to object under Art. 21 GDPR, if the processing is based on Art. 6 (1) f) GDPR (unless the interests of Vay outweigh your reasons for objecting, which arise from your particular situation)
Data Protection Officer
Vay Technology GmbH
c/o The Drivery, Mariendorfer Damm 1
Email: [email protected]
In addition, there is a right to lodge a complaint to a data protection supervisory authority. The competent authority for Vay is the Berlin Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information, Friedrichstr. 219, 10969 Berlin, telephone: 030 13889-0, fax: 030 2155050, [email protected]
8. Is there an obligation for me to provide data?Only if it originates from your position under your employment contract. If so, with regard to the data required for the performance employment relationship, you are obliged by your employment contract to provide us with this data, as proper performance of the employment relationship would not be possible without this data.
If this role is not stipulated in the employment contract, there is no obligation to participate in the testing. However, please note that participation is only possible if you agree to the terms and conditions and register in the app, otherwise it is not possible to perform the testing.